Sous Chef or Junior Sous Chef
£10 - £12 per hour negotiable
Potential for 4 day week, negotiable
2AA Rosettes preferred
Award winning Gastro
Based in Hallow near Worcester, we’re a year-round haven recognised for our indulgent British food. Our approach is simple; big flavours sourced as fresh and locally as possible. We’re passionate about provenance and utterly committed to putting only the highest quality seasonal fare on your plate.
We are looking for a passionate and committed Sous Chef or Junior Sous Chef to join our large team of 10-12 stable Chefs, led by our Head Chef who has retained a Bib Gourmand for the past 2 years.
If you want to work in a quality team, making everything from scratch, right down to our mayo, horseradish and bread, then this is a fantastic opportunity.
Benefits for Sous Chef / Junior Sous Chef:
- Excellent Hourly Rate £10-£12 per hour negotiable d.o.e.
- Fantastic Tips
- Working patterns are negotiable, we can accommodate from 3 to 7 days a week, just talk to us!
- 20 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Menu control and planning
- Potential Live In
- Large, passionate team with high retention
Key Responsibilities for Sous Chef / Junior Sous Chef:
- Menu planning
- Menu costing
- GP control and management
- Maintaining consistently high standards
- Health and hygiene management
Key Skills for Sous Chef / Junior Sous Chef:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self motivation
- Demonstrable track record in a similar fresh food environment
- Knowledge of modern and classic food styles and trends
Transport is preferable, as we are a couple of miles from Worcester, but there is public transport available.
If this Sous Chef / Junior Sous Chef role sounds like a position you would absolutely love to talk to us about, then please apply today and we will contact you for an interview.