Seeking Commis Chef and Kitchen Porter
Above minimum wage hourly rates
Excellent tips, approx. £50 per week
We are a community pub in the heart of the picturesque village of Elie, Fife. We pride ourselves in producing delicious locally procured food, including using our own home-grown vegetables and our own locally bred pork. We delight in discovering delicious and interesting ales from around Scotland, alongside creating a wine list of elegant wines to suit all tastes. We have 6 beautiful and individually designed bedrooms all overlooking the beach.
We are seeking committed and enthusiastic people to join our growing and dedicated kitchen team as Commis Chef and Kitchen Porter.
Benefits for a Commis Chef and/or Kitchen Porter;
- Above minimum wages hourly rates, negotiable, depending on experience.
- Excellent tips, approximately £50 per week on average.
- To play a pivotal role at the award-winning property and be part of a growing group of pubs with rooms, throughout Scotland.
- We can offer genuine progression for the best people, throughout the wider company.
- Working in the beautiful village of Elie and having the scope to contribute to menus which reflect our surroundings.
- Working for an award-winning operator with an outstanding reputation for food and service
- The opportunity to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
Commis Chef and/or Kitchen Porter – Key Indicators;
- You love the cut and thrust of a busy kitchen.
- You hold yourself to a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- You make key decisions based on what is best for the guest, and your team.
- Ensure statutory compliance in all food related areas.
- You will keep well-organised store-rooms and inventories that allow for smooth running kitchens.
We are seeking a Commis Chef and Kitchen Porter who are keen to develop and grow their career. We can offer you a position in an environment which provides training and measurable targets, allowing you to decisively progress upwards through the ranks and realise your career aspirations.
If you are a Commis Chef or Kitchen Porter already, with experience in fresh food kitchens, and you’re ready to take the next step in your career, contact us today by applying for this role; we are keen to speak to you.